Pedophile Priest, Who Raped 150 Children, Killed in Prison by Own Victim

Pedophile Priest, Who Raped 150 Children, Killed in Prison by Own Victim

Notorious child rapist beaten to death in prison cell by abuse victim

A notorious pedophile priest, who was convicted and jailed for raping 150 children, has been killed in prison by one of his own victims.

Boston priest John Geoghan was found guilty of sexually abusing 150 young boys during his 30-year career within the Catholic Church that spanned across six different parishes.

Geoghan was eventually charged after he was caught raping a child at a swimming pool.

In total, 150 boys came forward saying they had been molested by Geoghan, although it’s believed there may have many more victims who didn’t file complaints.

During his time as a priest, high-ranking officials within the Catholic Church turned a blind eye to his abuse, effectively nurturing a culture of rape that continued for decades.

Despite a continuous stream of sexual abuse complaints, Geoghan was simply sent from Parish to Parish with his crimes never being investigated.

According to AIT, Geoghan was prosecuted on molestation charges in 1991, though he wasn’t defrocked from the clergy until 1998.

In February of 2002, the Globe Spotlight Team of the Boston Globe published a report on Geoghan which became the catalyst for the series of cases against sexual abuse within the archdiocese.

Geoghan was sentenced to prison for an incident in which he molested a 10-year-old boy in a swimming pool in 2002.

He was given the maximum sentence of 10 years.

The pedophile priest’s victim

Joseph Druce is a convicted murderer who was given a life sentence in 1988 after he killed a man who, after he picked Druce up hitchhiking, allegedly made a sexual pass at him.

He was placed in the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Mass.

Joseph Druce claims he was also the victim of child molestation byGeoghan but had never filed an official complaint, according to reports.

When Geoghan was convicted, he was put in a protective custody unit with 23 other inmates.

Unfortunately for him, it was at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center: The same as Joseph Druce.


Shortly after learning that his childhood rapist was now his new cellmate, Druce entered Geoghan’s cell after lunch.

Druce trapped him inside by jamming the door, then bound and gagged him before strangling him with a bed sheet.

Druce proceeded to jump from the bed onto Geoghan’s motionless body before beating him with his bare hands.

There was only one officer on duty at the time, who had to summon other officers via walkie-talkie once the on-duty officer heard sounds coming from Geoghan’s cell.

It took several officers to pry the door open.

Robert Brouillette, an executive of the Massachusetts Correction Officers Federated Union who was present at the time, said once they got into the cell it was pretty clear Geoghan “wasn’t going to wake up.”

Geoghan’s cause of death was ruled as ligature strangulation and blunt chest trauma.

He was 68-years-old.

Unapologetic about his crimes

Druce held his hands up and confessed to the killing and testified in court for the murder of John Geoghan.

Druce said that he had twice before confronted Geoghan about his molestation charges, and described Geoghan’s responses as “arrogant.”

“I was just, like, ‘That’s it, that’s it, I’ve got to stop this,’” said Druce.

“I couldn’t get it out of my head.”

When Druce was asked why he committed the murder his response was, “I wanted to get the thoughts out of my mind of being molested myself, and the arrogant way he answered my questions.”

Druce also made a statement in which he claimed, “I had seen myself as the designated individual who had to put a stop to the pedophilia in the church.”

For his first arrest, Druce pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity due to the trauma his own molestation as a child caused him.

Leaked video footage

Video footage of the incident was mysteriously leaked online from the corrections facility.

The security footage showed the struggle of the police to get into the Geoghan’s jail cell, as well as them dragging Druce and pinning him down and attempts to revive John Geoghan.

It is unknown who released the footage, as inmates do not have internet access nor do they have access to the security tapes.

For the murder of John Geoghan, Joseph Druce was given a second life sentence.

[RELATED] Pedophile Who Raped 9-Year-Old Girl Has Penis Chopped Off By Angry Father

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.