The boy was rushed to the hospital where his urine samples tested positive for the drug
A five-year-old boy has suffered seizures after eating candy laced with Meth Anphetime while trick or treating, according to reports.
Mother of the boy, Julia Pence, from Mount Gilead in Ohio, US, has urged parents to be extremely vigilant after her son consumed the Class A drug while trick or treating for Halloween.
The boy was rushed to the hospital where his urine samples tested positive for the drug, otherwise known as Crystal Meth.
His mother arrived in the hospital to find Braylen disorientated and aggressive
The 25-year-old arrived at the hospital to find Braylen disorientated and aggressive.
‘You could tell at the hospital that he was high from whatever he ingested. He was wired and aggressive.’
Julia said: ‘When they came inside, my son had a seizure and he couldn’t feel his left arm.
‘Cambray took him to Galion Hospital, and doctors gave him a CT scan and checked his urine.
It tested positive for methamphetamine.’
According to the Metro: Julia, who works at a petrol station, said: ‘You never expect something like that to happen to your child. I just hope that we can find out where it came from. ‘I will never let my kids trick or treating again.’
She said that police seized Braylen’s candy and a set of vampire teeth he had been given, which was wearing just before his seizure.
‘The candy and the teeth are going to a crime lab. We are waiting for the toxicology report.
‘I want to warn other mothers to be aware of what their kids are being given when they go trick or treating.’
The family left the hospital late Sunday night after doctors monitored Braylen for seven hours.
Julia acknowledged friends and family for their support in a Facebook post and added that she was lucky her son was safe. He was out trick-or-treating with his dad Cambray Carwell.
She wrote: ‘Thank you for those who have spread the word, your concerns for my son and the positive feedback.
‘I never thought this would happen to my child, but this is real, and there are sick people in this world.
‘I’m counting my blessings because it could have been a lot worse or something stronger.
‘My baby sure has been a trooper through this whole thing.’
Galion Police Chief Brian Saterfield said: ‘This is an oddity. This is not something that happens all the time.
Police have issued a disturbing warning to parents, saying to check their children’s Halloween treats for meth pills that have been made to look like candy.
The Dublin Police Department in Georgia has warned of candy-shaped pills in circulation that could be used to spike children’s treats during this Halloween.