Durham Probe Can Access Classified Information Indefinitely, Trump Memo Says

Durham Probe Can Access Classified Information Indefinitely, Trump Memo Says

Trump’s memo outlines why the Russia investigation was a ‘witch hunt’

The special counsel U.S. attorney John Durham will have definite access to classified information in his investigation into the origins of the FBI’s probe into the 2016 election.

The news comes from a memorandum issued by President Donald Trump on Tuesday.

Attorney General William Barr named Durham as a special counsel in the investigation into the FBI’s probe’s origins.

Durham was already leading an investigation, but the appointment makes it more challenging for the new attorney general to close it.

The FBI’s probe developed into Robert Mueller’s investigation of the Trump-Russia collusion hoax.

The Durham investigation comes amid Trump’s repeated calls to “investigate the investigators.”

The president directed U.S. intelligence officials to assist in that review, giving the attorney general permission to downgrade or declassify information or intelligence related to his review.

Trump’s memo still outlines why the Russia investigation was a “witch hunt.”

Earlier this month, Neon Nettle reported that Durham was expanding his team due to the “excellent progress” he is making in his investigation.

A federal law enforcement official familiar with the investigation told Fox News that Durham is adding prosecutors to his team as his probe shifts up a notch.

In May this year, it was reported that Jeff Jensen, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri, was helping with Durham’s investigation.

On Tuesday, Barr has said that the investigation uncovered bombshell new evidence.

Barr said the probe had exposed a “wilful” Obama-era “group of people” involved in an attempt to “topple” President Donald Trump and remove him from office.

The attorney general gave the update on Durham’s probe, into the origin of the Obama-era FBI counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign, during an interview with Wall Street Journal columnist Kimberley Strassel.

After recently announcing his departure from the Justice Department, Barr told Strassel that he is now “in a position in life where I can do the right thing and not really care about the consequences.”

Last week, Trump revealed that Barr had resigned and would leave the DOJ at Christmas and “spend the holidays with his family.”

Attorney Lin Wood, who was behind the “Kraken” lawsuits in Georgia and elsewhere, reacted to the news by foretelling that the resignation would initiate a pathway for Barr to make some “major moves” before leaving.

[READ MORE] Adam Schiff Admits He’s ‘Concerned’ About Durham’s Russia Investigation


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.