The commander also warned that the red sea is no longer safe for US presence
The Iranian commander of the nation’s elite Quds Force, Major General Qassem Soleimani, has warned President Donald Trump he will “lose everything he has” if he dares to trigger a war against Iran.
The commander also warned that the red sea is no longer safe for US presence.
Soleimani warned Trump on Thursday via a local TV channel Al-Alam.
Just recently, the head of Iranian volunteer Basij forces has reacted to President Trump’s counter threat claiming the United States is not in a position to threaten Iran, disregarding Trump’s Tweet as “psychological warfare.”
Trump’s threat to Iran with crippling US policies and hardship “the likes of which few throughout history have ever suffered before” is part of a campaign to foment unrest in the Islamic Republic.
RT reports: Speaking at a memorial event in the western Iranian city of Hamadan, Soleimani said that the Red Sea, an important shipping route, “is no longer safe” due to the American presence in the region.
The head of the Quds Force also cautioned Trump against further public outbursts against Tehran.
“You must understand what you’re saying when insulting the Iranian people and our president,” he said.
US-Iranian relations deteriorated dramatically since Trump pulled out of the landmark Iran nuclear accord, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), in May.
He labeled the deal “defective at its core” and cited mistrust against Tehran.
To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 23, 2018
Despite the US claims, the International Atomic Energy Agency confirmed in a series of consecutive reports that Tehran had been fulfilling the terms of the agreement.
Washington reversed its policy of gradually lifting the existing sanctions imposed on Iran.
At the same time, the US Treasury Department introduced a new set of restrictions targeting Iranian officials.
Trump’s decision to ditch JCPOA was heavily criticized by China, Russia and the EU who are also signatories to the deal.
Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that the unilateral withdrawal from the agreement by the US shows that Washington “can’t be trusted” to stick to international commitments.
READ MORE: Iran Threatens Trump: Expect ‘Mother Of All Wars’ If Policies Don’t End