Sarah Douglas, who is 32 weeks pregnant with her third child
A pregnant woman was accidentally served cleaning fluid instead of the latte she ordered at a McDonald’s in Canada according to reports.
Sarah Douglas, who is 32 weeks pregnant with her third child, took one sip of the ‘latte’ before realizing “something was wrong.”
Douglas immediately spat out the contents of the drink before returning to Mcdonalds to complain about her order.
She was then told by an employee that “two cleaning lines were hooked up to the latte machine” which filled her drink with cleaning fluid.
According to McDonald’s spokesperson, who released a statement on behalf of Dan Brown, the restaurant franchisee:
“What happened is that the machine was being cleaned — as it is every morning. Unfortunately, the milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution while this guest’s drink was made.”
“We have taken immediate action to review the proper cleaning procedures with the team and have put additional signage up as an added reminder,” the spokesperson added.
Douglas says she wanted to share her experience so it doesn’t happen again.
“As a mother, I want to make sure I have a voice and that I’m being heard in terms of the safety of consumers, and how (alleged) negligence can affect people in such a drastic way,” she said.
Not a good week for McDonald’s
The number of customers falling ill after eating at McDonald’s recently is rising as another 123 people have been infected by traces of human feces in their food this week.
Last week we reported how the outbreak stemmed from the fast food giant’s salads after they were found to be contaminated with fecal matter from restaurants in ten different states.
163 people were reported last week to have infected by a stomach parasite from eating the food, with the number growing by the day.
This week, the total number of laboratory-confirmed illnesses from this outbreak is now 286 across fifteen states, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with at least 11 of the sick individuals requiring hospital treatment.