NY Gov. Cuomo Bans Indoor Dining Indefinitely Due to ‘Rising Coronavirus Cases’

NY Gov. Cuomo Bans Indoor Dining Indefinitely Due to ‘Rising Coronavirus Cases’

The Governor’s restrictions will go into effect on Monday

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has announced all indoor dining in the city will be banned indefinitely due to a rise in Covid-19 cases.

The restrictions come amid a growing backlash from business owners in the city who are pushing back against Cuomo’s lockdown orders.

The Governor’s restrictions will go into effect on Monday.

The city will only allow outdoor (despite the freezing climate at this time of year), takeout orders will be allowed.

“In New York City, you put the CDC caution on indoor dining together with the rate of transmission and the density and the crowding, that is a bad situation,” Cuomo said.

WATCH:

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio voiced support for Cuomo’s decision.

Cuomo added:

“It’s in everyone’s interest to get the virus under control, don’t overwhelm the hospitals, don’t overwhelm the positivity rate.”

“If we don’t slow the spread and we overwhelm the hospital system.”

“We get to a red zone… then every restaurant goes to zero indoor, outdoor zero.”

“That’s the worst-case scenario.”

Cuomo’s announcement comes just a week after a bar owner in Staten Island was arrested by police for defying Cuomo’s “orange zone” coronavirus orders.

Earlier this week, Danny Presti vowed to continue fighting to save his business.

Presti, co-owner of Mac’s Public House, said he was “losing faith” in Cuomo and De Blasio.

[READ MORE] There’s a Skeleton Lurking in Cuomo’s Closet: Trump Finds it, Exposes it on Live TV


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.