New venture would ‘completely redefine the game’
Donald Trump will be back on social media in the form of his own platform in the coming months, according to his senior adviser.
Former spokesperson for Trump’s 2020 campaign, Jason Miller, said Trump would be reentering the social media in two to three months with a new platform that will “completely redefine the game.”
.@JasonMillerinDC said President Trump will be “returning to social media in two or three months” with “his own platform” that will “completely redefine the game” and attract “tens of millions” of new users. #MediaBuzz
— #MediaBuzz (@MediaBuzzFNC) March 21, 2021
Miller said the new platform is set to have tens of millions of users.
Earlier this year, Miller said Trump is considering both joining existing new platforms or launching his own competitor to the tech giants in Silicon Valley, according to Breitbart.
“All options are on the table,” Miller said.
Facebook and Twitter removed Trump folowing the Jan. 6 Capitol riots.
In February, Trump told several in his inner circle that he has already secured “hundreds of millions” in backing for his social media venture, even from Silicon Valley heavy-hitters who are concerned by censorship.
“We’re negotiating with a number of people,” Trump told Newsmax TV.
Texas State Rep. Introduces Bill to Finish Trump’s Border Wall
READ MORE: https://t.co/7oUnlZors9
— Neon Nettle (@NeonNettle) March 6, 2021
“There is also the option of building your own site because we have more people than anybody, so you can literally build your own site.”
“But we were really harassed on Twitter,” Trump added.
“They were putting up all sorts of flags, I guess they call them; they were flagging almost anything you said.”
“The tech companies are very dishonest about that and about free speech,” Trump told Breitbart.
“It could be a big problem for them at the appropriate time.”
Sources added Trump is in talks with a number of high-rolling investors.
“They aren’t the people you might expect,” the source reportedly said.