Some of these photographs have captured historical moments, and others are quite simply heartbreaking, but this collection of photography caught powerful snippets of history that can never be forgotten.
Seeing photographs like this can make small problems in life seem so insignificant and really help put things into perspective.
1. World War II veteran sitting on a bench
World War II veteran from Belarus Konstantin Pronin, 86, sits on a bench as he waits for his comrades at Gorky park during Victory Day in Moscow, Russia, on Monday, May 9, 2011. Konstantin comes to this place every year.
This year he was the only person from the unit to show.
2. 1000s of galaxies
1000s of galaxies seen through the Hubble Deep Field (HDF), as they were 10 billion years ago.
3. Sunset on Mars
Sunset on Mars, taken in 2005 by the Spirit rover.
4. A soldier making the long walk
A soldier making the long walk to defuse a car bomb in Northern Ireland.
5. Neil Armstrong after his Moonwalk.
6. Jewish refugees realized they weren’t being sent to their deaths
This was taken moments after Jewish refugees realized they weren’t being sent to their deaths at the horrible concentration camps and were, in fact, being saved.
7. Ignorance is bliss
A homeless man sleeps outside a diner in Milwaukee.
8. Nazi rally at Nuremberg in 1937.
9. A photo taken by an astronaut
This photo was taken by astronaut Michael Collins, when he took this photo he was the only human, alive or dead, that wasn’t in the frame of this picture. He travelled with Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong and orbited the moon whilst they were landing to study the surface of the moon from farther out.
10. Man in shock
Lithuanian man in shock after accidentally hitting and killing an eight-year-old child.
11. Turkish official teases starving Armenian children
Turkish official teases starving Armenian children by showing them a piece of bread during the Armenian Genocide in 1915.
12. The last seconds of life captured in an image
A Filipino politician took this photo of his family moments before he was assassinated.
13. Two engineers trapped on a burning windmill
Two engineers died when the windmill they were working on caught fire.
This might be the last picture taken of them alive.
The picture was taken on October 29th, 2013 in the Netherlands.
14. A monk prays for a dead man
A monk prays for a dead man in the station hall of the Shanxi Taiyuan Train Station, China.
The man died suddenly of natural causes while waiting for a train.
15. Girl devastated after the tsunami that hit Japan in 2011
A girl breaks down after losing everything in the devastating tsunami.
16. This is a genuine photograph… #nofilter
This is one of many photographs of the orange Sossusvlei sand dunes in Namibia.
17. Boy tries to wake up his alcoholic father.
A young boy struggles to wake his unconscious father.
18. “The last Jew in Vinnitsa”
“The last Jew in Vinnitsa” – Member of Einsatzgruppe D (a Nazi SS death squad) is just about to shoot a Jewish man kneeling before a filled mass grave in Vinnitsa, Ukraine, in 1941.
All 28,000 Jews from Vinnitsa and its surrounding areas were massacred, photographs like this are very upsetting.
19. Man uses the suicide hotline on the Golden Gate Bridge.
A man looks for salvation in his most desperate moment.